5 Amazing Music Dating Apps (Boycotting Tinder!)
October 15, 2018
I’ve been on Tinder and honestly my experience wasn’t the great. As a busy musician man, I look for long-term relationships and not for just random hook ups. At tinder, everything was so sensual which turned me off instantly. However, if you’re looking for DTF dating apps then this list of best hookup apps got you. However, if you’re looking for something for meaningful then I’ve hand-picked my favorite ones.
Here is the list of Top 5 Music Dating Apps:
1. Musician Friends Date. A free dating website for musicians, Musicians Friends Date is a platform which can be used by single musicians and music lovers to get together. The user interface of the app is like a social networking site and you can search for musicians in your area who are also using the app. You can even sort the members according to their music preferences and chat with them completely free of cost on the app. It might happen that you might not find a lot of options in terms of matches in small cities but large cities offer you ample of options to choose from. The algorithm of the app is simple. It just connects the two people who have similar music preferences and want to date someone from their area. The app does not conduct any background checks on its members to be aware of who you are interacting with.
2. Tastebuds. One of the very few apps that are specially made for musicians, Tastebuds matches you with people who have a similar music taste as you. It comes with a free membership and a few monthly premium plans with more features. The app is created solely around music and has features like sending your match a mixed tape or appreciating their taste in music. The app has a very easy sign-up process and lets you choose from a list of musicians at the time of sign-up to suggest similar matches for you. You can even find a concert buddy on the app and other people to just hang out with if you do not want to date them right now. The whole user interface is very chilled out and relaxed and does not force its members to get romantically involved right away.
Listicle: Try these 5 Dating Apps to Date a Musician.
3. Vampr. Vampr is like Tinder but for musicians and music lovers. It is like a social media platform for musicians and helps you connect with other music lovers. With easy integration with YouTube & SoundCloud, the app also allows you to upload your creations so that the other members can see your skills. Like tinder, you can swipe left or right to reject or connect matches and you can see the basic information about that particular member on the screen itself. The user interface is very easy to understand. You can see the work of others by clicking on the Audition tab and it will take you to that user’s YouTube & SoundCloud profile. The app is very useful in finding other musicians in your area and offers you some very specific options to find the exact type of musician you are looking for.
4. CLiKD. Another creative dating app for creative people, CLiKD combines the benefits of a social sharing site and a dating site in one and provides you a platform to connect with new people who are interested in the same thing as you. It is a photo-based platform and is very simple to use. When you sign-up on the app, It creates a 3 photo-test customized for you. When you are interested in a person, you take their photo test and they take yours. If you pass these tests, you have CLiKD with that person and can take things forward. You both need to pass in the photo test of each other to be able to interact. You can sort people according to their taste in music and use other options to narrow down your match as far as possible. The app is very versatile and offers you full control of whom you want to connect with.
5. Musx. Musx can be called the Instagram for music lovers. It is a social media app which allows you to discover and share music with others and interact with them. People can then comment and like your music and share it with their other followers to make it reach more people. This is a great platform to meet people who share your taste in music and interact with them through comments and shares before taking things further. You can discover new tunes together or bond over a new band you just found on the app to break the ice with the person you are interested in. The app also has a notification tab like other social media networks where you can keep a tab on your likes, comments, new followers, etc and discover more people to interact with.