10 Things You Need to Know Before Dating a Musician
October 12, 2018
Being myself a musician and band member, I know a lot about out industry and its people. In this post, I will walk you through things that you need to know before dating a band member or a musician. If I you’re an outgoing and chilled person then this article will intrigue you. I also want to make clear that, everything is based on my observation and shouldn’t be regarded as professional advice.
Here are the 10 Things That are bound to happen when you’re Dating a Musician:
1. You are always surrounded by great music. The simplest of all perks but one of the most romantic ones is that you will always have some great music to listen to and your partner will sing all new compositions to you before he or she releases it for the public. You will never complain about how boring your music library is as you will have a composer by your side all day every day. Whenever you are feeling down or low, your partner can always cheer you up with some great music of their own.
2. You get to attend great concerts and gigs before anyone else. You might already be having a gig at your home and will get to attend all concerts and gigs without going to any sort of trouble to get passes. You also get access to gigs and concerts which are not open to everybody. You can also get your friends along and become a mini celebrity of sorts among them for having access to such great performances.
3. You get access to VIP areas since you are part of the band. Attended too many concerts hanging at the end to catch a glimpse of the singer? You no longer have to do this since you are at the front row of every performance or concert with VIP access to all the areas that the regular public does not have access to. In fact, you can even get VIP passes for concerts of other musicians because of dating their friend!
4. You get to meet other musicians who are part of your partner’s inner circle. This is probably one of the biggest perks as you get to hang out with other musicians like they are your buddies. You are no longer a star-struck fan but a part of their friend circle because you are dating their fellow musician. You can also meet their partners and form a partner’s club sort of so that you get to be a part of an even larger group and plan your travels together for performances.
5. Your partner writes songs especially to woo you. You might have always wanted a partner who would woo you by singing melodious songs and what better than hearing songs that are written by your own partner. You will come home after a long day and will get to hear a soothing romantic number which will sweep you off your feet and change your mood instantly. You can also play these songs to mark a special occasion to bring back some golden memories.
6. You might be an inspiration behind some of their best works. Even better than listening to a song that your partner sings to woo you, is a song that is inspired by you. Musicians have muses and you can be a muse for your partner when he or she is writing new songs. It might be about your time together as a couple or a romantic gesture you did for them that might just get converted into a song which you can hear whenever you want to.
7. Music artists have a passion for life and live on the edge. You will never hear the words that “I am bored” or “my life sucks” when you are dating a musician. They have a different passion for life and are always chasing after a new dream or a new avenue to pursue. Plus, they will never say no to any new and wild thing you suggest doing together as they are up for anything and everything!
8. You get encouraged by their enthusiasm to pursue their dreams. Positive thinking and passion for life can be contagious and it will rub off on you when you hang out with your partner. They will not only work towards their own goals but will also encourage you to follow your dreams and have a passionate outlook for life. They will never discourage you from trying anything new and will support you with everything they have.
9. They are in touch with their emotions and treat you well. Musicians function through their heart and not their brains. They do not tune out their emotions since these emotions help them to create music which touches the heart of others. They will always treat you with respect and will not look down upon you ever since they respect and cherish this relationship.
10. They can get away with sporting any style and you love it. Last but definitely not the least, musicians can look cool in any hairstyle and can get away with even the most outrageous clothes. You will always love their cool and casual laidback look and will never have to change their hairstyle or dressing sense as they are already the best at it!